Tuesday, November 27, 2012

November in Review




November's Read-Alouds... Old favorites from our book trunk.


I am not above bartering diligence for the promise of free days to come.


Our homemade Cranberry Relish, made by the children.
Two quarts this year.  We never make enough.


Our Thanksgiving this year ~ Beautiful, Joyful, Simple.
{Two days later, Todd roasted another turkey so we could enjoy leftovers longer.}


Black Friday shopping done Our Style.  No crowds, no lines.  
A perfectly lovely day with my Olivia!


Starbucks Hot Cocoa in Salted Caramel.  From Mama's stash.  
I needed sustenance while I figured out this whole blogging thing.

7 comments:

  1. My mother has a set of Currier and Ives china as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, this set was my mother's while we grew up. My husband's grandmother had it, too. I recently found out that it was offered as a weekly incentive for shopping at the A & P grocery stores!

      Delete
  2. I love that tablewear too! It was my mothers special set only used for special occasions. I found some a couple years ago in a thrift store and bought it for myself. It makes me happy every time I use it. Love your photos, Laureen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laureen, I think everyone growing up had that set, ours was kept in the china closet, it was my grandmothers, only to be used for holidays, my sister has it now and uses it a lot. After my moms passing, we learned to "use" things instead of letting them wait for special occasions. Love your photos and the blog, look forward to more. Thanks for sharing your family its always a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Your holiday table brought back such fond memories for me. As a child, not a holiday or party gathering would be complete without a pause to take a picture of the delicious and abundant spread. It was as predictable as grace....
    Thank you for sharing!
    ~Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Pinterest pages are lovely!

    ReplyDelete